The Easybridge game on January 29 will be a tribute to Sally Pelmear, who left us all too soon. Following the usual cake and light beverages at 6:00 PM, there will be a 0-1000 MP game. firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALTH AND CONSIDERATION OF OTHERS
The flu and cold season is upon us, and we again implore you to consider others and stay home if you are sick. We have numerous members with compromised immune systems and a super majority of members who are more susceptible to colds and flu due to their age. The old wives' tale that one is no longer contagious once one is symptomatic is not true. Facial masks are not an effective block against the spread of germs. We have empowered and instructed our game directors to ask players displaying cold and flu symptoms to leave the game and stay away until they are asymptomatic. If you believe that someone has a cold or flu and shouldn’t be playing, please speak to the game director and if you do not want to play at the table with the person you believe is ill, please say so in a courteous manner. Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to this directive.
STOP USING THE STOP WARNING
As of January 1st, ACBL has eliminated use of the Stop Card and the announcement of “Skip Bid Please Wait.” The Stop Cards have been removed from our bidding boxes. This is a good time to remember that each player is responsible for keeping a regular tempo during the auction, and now we will all be responsible for automatically adjusting that tempo after a skip bid.
Eight-is-Enough games are held on the second Thursday of the month. To calculate your point count for these games, 0-900 master points = 1 point, 901-1800 master points = 2 points, 1800+ master points = 3 points, up to a limit of eight points for the team.
- SUNDAY UNIT GAMES: In 2018, all Sunday Unit games will start promptly at 12:30 PM following a theme lunch at noon.
- We offer a 0-299 Masterpoint game as well as an Open Game on Thursday afternoons.
The 4th Sunday Swiss Team game will also start at 12:30 PM, with a light lunch at noon.
- Gary Waldron is giving a class on XYZ on Thursday morning, January 25, 2018.
- There is a 0-99 MP BAROMETER GAME ON January 26
- Two-over-One. Monday mornings at 9:30 AM. Classes by Jane Dober. Contact email@example.com
- Easybridge III+. Sally's legacy continues on Monday evenings at 7:00 PM. Contact Trudi Hanscom at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beginning Bridge I, an eight-week class by Marti Moss, continues on Tuesdays at 9:30 AM. Contact Marti Moss at email@example.com.
- EasyBridge I is on Wednesday mornings at 9:00 AM. Contact Sharon Rippy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For New Players (0-99 MP): Come and improve your game with a 30-minute lesson followed by a game. Fridays at 9:00 AM sharp! Contact Susan Bristol at email@example.com or Trudi Hanscom at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
And in February...
Hal Binder offers a six-week class on The Play of the Hand, starting February 8, 2018, at 9:30 AM. Contact Hal at email@example.com.